Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Age Blues...

Was just checking out my album on orkut last sunday. Was a bit surprised to see the album of good old days which had some memorable moments of my initial days in the IT. The big group of friends, the tension free days, trips to shimla and rafting, diwali celebration, my cousin’s wedding pics- everything sounds like it was a part of my previous birth. Life changed so much in last 3 years as I grew up from a girl to woman.

Am not getting nostalgic but just trying to accept the fact that I am in my late 20s now and after a couple of years I will be 30+. Shittttttt. I really hate this. I will not celebrate next b’day. Why shud I celebrate the day which makes me feel old.. sob sob. Hmm but I cannot run away from the dark circles under my eyes, the fine lines on my cheek and the mature look on my face which I felt after looking at my 3 year old pictures.
When I was a teenager, I always looked forward to my b’days and wanted to grow up quickly and earn lot of money and become independent but now I feel jealous of my 17 year old cousin who studies in class 12th and have the worries of only his pocket money, impressing the fellow gals n school exams but I have all the tensions of job, onsite, marriage, investments. All this makes me crazy. Really envy him.

But as they say- If you can’t change it, accept it!! I should accept the fact that I am growing old, since I don’t have the magical crystal ball which can help me in staying young always. All I have is Kajol’s Olay 7 Effects Moisturiser :D

Latest Craze: Ajab Pre Ki Gajab Kahani- Fell in love with the movie after watching it last Saturday and already seen it 3 times in last 5 days. Was already mad for the music and now the movie. A good comedy and healthy love story after a real long time, may be after Jaane Tu Ya Jaane na. Ranbir and Ketrina really make a great 21st century couple.

Tu Jaane Na…
Milke Bhi Hum Na Miley.. Tumse Na Jaane Kyu Milo Ke Hain Fassle.. Tumse Na Jaane Kyu.. Anjaane Hain Silsiley.. Sapney Hai Palko Taley…
Kaise Batayei Kyu Tujhko Chaaheyy…

5 comments:

Coolvacationz said...

A good way to look back on oneself-self-retrospection. Growing up has its own pangs attached. But if you enjoy your freedom, like your own open space, have a good set of friends, the joy of growing up is really great. Why should you not celebrate your b'day? Though it reminds you of the biggest truth in life that everyone is growing old, on the other side look at the good presents you get from your friends, sibling and parents. After all, you feel so pampered and special on that day too. The title should say-"Mystical Age Blues"- after all you never know there might a big secret at the end of the day,if you had not grown up, will the Mr Right looked at you, would have thought that you are still a school kid.. So have fun and enjoy growing older, after all no one can escape from it.
Di

Appy said...

@Raj: Sahi bolta, sahi bolta :D Thats the optimistic advice. I think I will be able to enjoy it once I accept the fact. Am already half way through. And shall be on the other side soon. Thanks ma dearest dii dost >:D<

Unknown said...

Sahi keh rahi yaar..badti age ke sath problems and tensions double speed se badti hain But kuch nahi kar sakte......

Appy said...

@Shikha: Lets try to increase our joys also manifold :o)

Unknown said...

Nobody can control age, but for dark circles, I can suggest few things:
1) Drink atleast 2 litres of water every day,
2) Sleep early and wake up early,
3) Eat less oily food,
4) Do face massage every fortnight
5) Stop thinking too much
Most important:
Don't forget to celebrate your birthday, waiting for party


Smiles